Welcome to the Hertel Blog Spot! I am hoping I can keep all our friends and family updated on our lives! You can watch as Seneca grows and can read about all the fun stuff she says and does as well as keep up with Paul and I!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The Biggest Loser
Monday evening, we met up with some friends of ours (5 other families) at Jakes for dinner. A few of the guys decided they were going to start a biggest loser challenge to try to lose weight. Those who wanted to participate threw in $20.00 and it will last for 3 months. Who ever loses the most percentage wise, wins the pot. I then decided to participate as well ($, the motivator to get me off my butt). So it is me and three guys......so we started our exercise and eating healthier. Or should I just say, eating smaller portions......? We will see how we do. It has been a challenging week so far. Making sure to get everything done that we normally do as well as get in some sort of exercise. Last night, we did some ab exercises and Seneca participated as well. She enjoys doing that with us. I guess it is a good thing to get her involved at a young age. Maybe it will just stick with her?! This morning Paul got up and headed to the "Y". He met some people to play basketball with. He is going to try to make it up there every morning. I didn't get a membership and just figured I will pay the $2.00 for the few times I might make it up there because I just don't have the time to get up there on a daily basis. I will attempt to make sure I get on our treadmill at home and to do things at home. Paul and I tonight will go to the "Y" together to walk on the track while Seneca is at Wednesday school. Saturdays we are going to attemp raquetball while she is at swimming lessons. We will see how things go. We worked out a schedule around our TV programs and thank goodness for DVR's because we can DVR everything and watch things at our leisure. So, our goals are for Tia to lose 10 lbs and Paul to lose 20....hopefully we can obtain these goals and continue on!! Wish us both luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment